We can take a look under the hood
We can fine-tune your car
Regular oil change is the most important service to your vehicle. It will help reduce engine wear and prolong the life of the vehicle’s engine. Regular check of your vehicle will highlight any outstanding issues that can also improve the fuel economy and wear and tear of brakes, steering and suspension.
The vehicle’s owners manual should have a recommended maintenance schedule provided by the manufacturer. At Matipo Garage, we follow these guidelines to ensure your vehicle performs at its best.
Our maintenance services include the following:
Service and safety check which we recommend every 10,000km or 12 months.
- Engine oil flush
- Change oil and oil filter
- Check tyre pressures
- Test battery condition, check terminals and apply terminal protection
- Check all lights
- Check windscreen washer levels and top up washer fluid as required
- Check of wiper blades condition
- Test brake fluid
- Check clutch fluid
- Check engine mounts
- Check condition of exhaust system
- Check pollen filter
- Lubricate suspension and steering joints where required
- Lubricate driveline joints where required
- Check cooling system and antifreeze condition; inspect system for leaks
- Check auto transmission/gearbox oil
- Check differential and transaxle fluid
- Check power steering fluid
- Lubricate door hinges
- Check of drivebelt condition and tension
- Check air filter, clean or replace as required
- Check fuel filter date
- Check spark plugs condition
- Inspect brake condition
- Inspect CV boots and steering boots
- Check air conditioning operation
- Reset service indicator light where required
Does your vehicle need an Automatic Transmission Flush?
Automatic Transmission Flush is recommended to be done every 2 years or every 40,000km.
Many transmission failures are due to overheating and fluid contamination. Just like the oil in your vehicle’s engine, automatic transmission fluid suffers from heat, friction and contamination degradation. Transmission Flush Service is the best way to remove wear metals that are slowly grinding away on your transmission’s internal components along with most of the old, contaminated transmission fluid.
We take care for your vehicle
- Brake Repairs
- Clutch Repairs
- Head Gasket repairs
- Cam Belt replacement (including water pump)
- Full Engine Overhauls
- Fuel Injection
- Cooling System problems – Overheating
- Suspension & Steering
- General Repairs & Maintenance on all vehicles